Spaghetti with a twist! Your standard spaghetti topped with a combination of mozzarella/cottage cheese and a layer of pepperoni to top it off. The sausage can be substituted with hamburger.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) containers cottage cheese
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sliced pepperoni
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown.
In the prepared casserole dish, mix the cooked pasta, sausage, and pasta sauce. In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, olives, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon the cheese mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture. Top with pepperoni slices.
Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.