Pepperoni lends an Italian authenticity to this pizza-without-the-dough. Ingredients are layered in a pie pan and baked for ten minutes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperoni sausage, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and oregano. Spread this mixture into a 9-inch glass pie pan. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Arrange the pepperoni pieces, green bell pepper and onion over the sauce.
Bake for 10 minutes.
When the dish is removed from the oven, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the dish.
Return the pie pan to the oven and bake until the mozzarella cheese has melted.