This is a decadent lobster bisque that is surprisingly easy to prepare. Your guests will be impressed and feel pampered. I serve this with salad and hot, buttered French bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound cooked lump lobster meat
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour the vegetable and broth mixture into the container of a blender, and add 1/4 cup of the lobster meat. Cover, and process until smooth. Return to the saucepan, and stir in the half-and-half, white wine, and remaining lobster meat. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.