Rice is slowly simmered with fresh dill, parsley and cilantro, along with fava beans and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups fava beans
- ground turmeric to taste
- ground cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
In a large saucepan bring water to a boil. Rinse rice; stir into boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in dill, parsley, cilantro, fava beans, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on lowest heat for 40 to 45 minutes. Note: It's normal to end up with crispy rice (called Tadig) on the bottom of the pot after cooking; it's delicious.