The cheesy, juicy goodness of a Philly cheese steak is piled atop crunchy curly fries and cool, crispy salad greens in this richly satisfying salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 16 ounces flank steak, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 (32 ounce) package frozen curly-style French fries
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch-style salad dressing
In a covered dish, spread out sliced steak, peppers and onions and pour the Italian dressing over all. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Cook French fries according to package instructions while steak is marinating.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute steak, peppers and onions until vegetables are tender and steak juices run clear. Separate steak mixture into 8 equal portions while in the skillet, and top each portion with cheese. Cover and set aside to let cheese melt.
Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and garbanzo beans on 8 separate plates. Top each salad with 1/8 of the French fries and 1/8 of the steak mixture and serve with ranch or creamy garlic salad dressing.