Mandarin oranges in the cake and pineapple, pecans and coconut in the filling. From living down south and all the get-togethers for Pig Picking, this cake is a sure winner with people from the Southerners as well as the Northerners. This cake brings us al
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 - 9 inch round baking pans.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, eggs and mandarin oranges with juice. beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
Pour into 3 - 9 inch round cake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine pineapple and juice with pudding mix. Stir in pecans and coconut. Finally, fold in the whipped topping. Spread between cooled cake layers. Chill in refrigerator