Sinfully delicious and we have also made this with pistachio pudding and it is equally sinful.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine butter or margarine, flour and chopped walnuts. Mix, then pat into bottom of 9x13 " pan.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
Beat softened cream cheese with confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with 3 cups milk. Mix well and spread over cream cheese mixture.
Spread remaining 1/2 container of whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped nuts.