The creamy white pine nut lends its sweet rich flavor to a pie that is very much like a pecan pie. Lots of sugar -both brown and white - and eggs, butter, flour and cream are stirred together. Then the mixture is combined with the nuts, poured into a wait
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pignoli nuts
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
Combine the white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, cream, and melted butter in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. Fold in the pignoli nuts. Pour filling into the pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes.