This apple-cinnamon-pecan topping is excellent on pancakes, waffles, French toast, or as filling in a crepe.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Red Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apples, brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and pecans. When bubbling, reduce heat to low. Simmer until apples are soft, and syrup has thickened slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.