Feel like a vacation? This yummy dessert has all the flavors of the classic beach beverage. One bite and you'll be in the tropics.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Gently fold 1 cup crushed pineapple into batter. Spoon batter into 3 wax paper-lined 9-inch round cake pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F. 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and coconut extract at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping, 1/2 cup coconut, and remaining crushed pineapple.
Invert 1 cake layer onto a serving platter; remove wax paper. Spread with one-third cream cheese mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cake layers and cream cheese mixture, ending with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle top evenly with toasted coconut, if desired. Cover and chill 4 hours.