This recipe fools even gourmet tastebuds. We have it every holiday and It's a great side dish with ham. Most people think it's a dessert and a nice stray from baked apples.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 2/3 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine the pineapple chunks and crushed pineapple with syrup. Mix together and pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
Mix together the flour and sugar, sprinkle evenly on top of pineapple. Cover with cheese, top cheese with cracker crumbs and drizzle melted butter on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.