Chicken that is both savory and sweet, with dried onion soup and pineapple and fresh oranges.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple, drained
- 1 large orange, sliced in rounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Spray large frying pan or electric skillet with vegetable spray. Brown chicken breasts in pan, meat side down.
Turn chicken over; add pineapple chunks, onion soup, and water.
Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cooked pineapple chunks and fresh orange slices.