A delicious chess pie with the tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornmeal, flour and salt. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in butter, coconut and pineapple. Pour filling into pie shell.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.