This tart, cheesy salad will surprise everyone with the kick of horseradish and the crunch of pecans or walnuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped pecans
In a 9x13 inch dish, mix lemon flavored gelatin mix, lime flavored gelatin mix and boiling water. When the mixes are completely dissolved, pour in remaining water. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until the gelatin begins to set.
Stir in the crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, horseradish, mayonnaise and pecans. Continue to chill 3 hours, or until completely gelled.