Try this sweet kugel with your next festive meal. Fold cooked egg noodles into a scrumptious batter of eggs, butter, sugar, crushed pineapple, vanilla and cinnamon. Decorate with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries, then bake until golden brown.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup candied cherries (optional)
Boil noodles in boiling salted water just until softened; do not cook through. Rinse, and drain.
Beat the eggs with the melted butter. Mix in sugar, crushed pineapple with juice, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir in the noodles. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Place pineapple rings decoratively over the top. Place a cherry in the center of each ring if desired
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes, or until golden.