I've had this recipe for years and have made thousands. If I take it to any function I have to take several copies of the recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Combine pineapple juice and water until it makes one cup. Pour into medium saucepan and heat until boiling. Stir in gelatin until dissolved; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and pineapple until blended and creamy. Slowly add the gelatin mixture and continue beating. Cover and refrigerate mixture until it begins to set; do not let it set up completely.
Remove from refrigerator and fold in whipped topping. Spoon entire mixture into graham cracker crust. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of pie if desired and then refrigerate for about an hour.