A lively flavor combination of pineapple, raisins, and almonds create a delicious flavor variation in this fruity oatmeal cookie.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups old fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
Drain pineapple well; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Beat in egg, crushed pineapple and reserved juice.
Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt; raisins and almonds in medium bowl. Stir into pineapple mixture.
Drop by heaping tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheets. Shape with back of spoon.
Bake at 350 degrees F., 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.