This is a quick and easy spread/dip that's perfect for last minute company. Can be served with French bread, crostini, crudites, toast points, or crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
In a blender or food processor, blend the pinto beans, cottage cheese, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, dill, butter, and seasoned salt until smooth. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.