This colorful bread benefits from two shortcuts: cake mix and pistachio pudding mix. Maraschino cherries and green food coloring help to make it look like pistachio ice cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, sour cream, cherries, and food coloring. Pour into prepared pans. In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle tops of loaves with mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes. Cool.