A walnut crust is the perfect stage for the rest of this pie that 's a luscious layer of pistachio pudding sandwiched between a layer of sweetened cream cheese, and a layer of whipped topping. A sprinkling of nuts and chopped maraschino cherries finish th
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/8 cup chopped pistachio nuts
Mix flour, walnuts, and butter or margarine. Spread into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool.
Mix together cream cheese, vanilla, confectioners' sugar and 1 cup whipped topping. Beat well, and spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Mix instant pudding with milk until thick. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping, sprinkle with nuts, and decorate with maraschino cherries.