Cayenne, salsa, onion and garlic punctuate this Tex-Mex pita sandwich stuffed with seasoned chicken, tomato, avocado, sour cream and lettuce.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 pita breads
- 8 ounces diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced avocado
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
Cut chicken into strips. In a skillet, saute in hot oil until almost done. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper and cayenne pepper over chicken. Add salsa and simmer until done (about 5 minutes).
Split pitas in half, fill with chicken and garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, avocados and sour cream. Add whatever garnishes you like and eat!