As an appetizer or light lunch, these mini pizzas are easy to make and use readily available ingredients. Blue cheese adds a unique flavor, and pita bread is the perfect crust.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 6 pita breads
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 ounce diced pimento peppers, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch crushed coriander seed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. Sprinkle with black olives, pimento peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, basil, oregano and coriander.
Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.