This is a hearty pizza macaroni bake jazzed up with pepperoni and sausage for pizza-like flavor. It is a favorite with kids.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (3.25 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in macaroni, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the Italian sausage and onion until sausage is evenly brown and onion is tender. Drain grease.
In a bowl, mix the pizza sauce, tomato sauce, and milk. Stir in the sausage and onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and Canadian bacon. Gently mix in the cooked macaroni until evenly coated. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Cover, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, top with cheese, and continue baking 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.