Except for the crust, it 's pizza! It 's got tomato sauce and lots of cheese, and salami and olives and herbs, and a great dressing that is drizzled over everything before it 's served.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound salami, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, salami, mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, tomato, olives and chives. Mix well to combine.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the tomato sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Pour enough dressing over salad to coat, toss and serve.