This is a very good soup; it tastes just like pizza! Garnish with mozzarella cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 15 ounces pizza sauce
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage, each slice cut in half
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped, cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
Mix in water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and Italian seasoning. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.