An easy, awesome snack for kids or adults alike!! String cheese is rolled in egg roll wrappers with mushrooms and pepperoni before being fried to ooey gooey perfection. Very quick and easy to make. Perfect for birthday parties, New Year's Eve and especi
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 24 (1 ounce) pieces string cheese
- 25 (4 ounce) packages sliced pepperoni sausage, cut into strips
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinara sauce
Lay out the egg roll wrappers one at a time. Place one piece of string cheese in the center near the edge, then arrange some pepperoni, sliced mushrooms and garlic around the cheese. Roll up the string cheese a little, fold in the sides, then continue to roll up, and seal the edge by moistening with water. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese and fillings.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry enough to fit loosely in the pan, turning once after about 5 minutes. Continue to fry for 3 to 5 more minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Warm the marinara sauce in a serving bowl in the microwave. Serve Pizza Stix on a platter with the bowl of sauce for dipping.