Get the flavor of 'subshop' meatball subs at home with this quick and easy recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.31 ounce) package McCormick® Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Minced Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Italian Seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 (6 inch) submarine rolls
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Combine ground beef and 1 tablespoon Sloppy Joe Seasoning, minced onion, and Italian seasoning. Shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
Brown meatballs 10 minutes or until done; drain. Blend remaining seasoning, tomato paste and water; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
Place meatballs into submarine rolls. Spoon sauce over meatballs; sprinkle with cheese.