The foods in this easy recipe are powerhouses of nutrition. Why this recipe is good for you: Powerful antioxidants in peppers, onion, garlic and herbs; Plus, vegetables help lower high blood pressure.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 inch) thin pizza crust (homemade or prepared, such as Boboli)
- 3 cups chopped bell peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow onion, pulled into rings
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup crumbled herbed feta cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lay crust on pizza pan or cookie sheet. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cheese; spoon over crust. Top with cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables are crispy-tender.