This is a rich and hearty pudding of citron, raisins and pecans baked with butter, sugar, eggs, flour, bread crumbs and warm spices. Serve warm or chilled.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped candied citron
- 1 1/2 cups pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 2 quart souffle or casserole dish.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
In a separate bowl combine the citron, prunes, raisins and pecans. Stir in the flour and toss so that everything is coated with flour.
To the butter mixture add the fruit and nut mixture along with the bread crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well and transfer to prepared dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until well browned.