The name of this recipe says it all, except that escarole is accompanied by romaine and bib lettuce. A flavorful, vinegar and oil dressing with lots of Parmesan cheese finishes this wonderful and healthy salad beautifully.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups escarole - torn, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 2 cups Bibb lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 12 slices plum tomato
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
In a salad bowl, combine the escarole, romaine, bibb lettuce and tomatoes.
Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, cheese, garlic lemon juice, chicken broth and salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss and serve.