Tender chicken morsels in an easy and delicious sauce made with fresh ginger and plum sauce. I use snow peas and mushrooms, but you can add whatever veggies you have on hand (and are a must for your stir fries)!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 packets chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Bring the rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
Mix the plum sauce, corn syrup, soy sauce, garlic, and bouillon in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Coat the chicken in cornstarch, and cook 5 minutes in the skillet, or until juices run clear. Mix in ginger, snow peas, and mushrooms, and continue cooking until tender. Stir in the plum sauce mixture. Cook until heated through.