Tasty albacore tuna steaks are poached in an aromatic broth. Serve with couscous.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) albacore tuna steaks
- 3 kumquats - rinsed, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix water, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil.
Place tuna steaks into the mixture, and sprinkle with kumquats and cilantro. Cook 15 minutes, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.