Turkey tenderloins are poached with onion, celery and peppercorns, then topped with a delightful sauce of tart apple, orange juice, orange marmalade and cranberry sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 pound turkey tenderloins
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- boiling water
- 1/4 cup pared, cored and diced tart apple
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
In large skillet, over low heat, place tenderloin, onion, celery, peppercorns, salt and enough water to cover turkey. Cover skillet and poach tenderloin 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove tenderloin from liquid.
In small saucepan, over medium heat, cook apple, orange juice, cran- berry sauce and marmalade until apples are tender, but still hold their shape.
To serve, spoon sauce over hot tenderloin.