This vegetarian dish goes together quickly.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups (1-inch) pieces zucchini (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) tubes polenta, each cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- basil sprigs (optional)
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; arrange in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475 degrees for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring after 15 minutes. Stir in basil, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Preheat broiler. Place polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Broil 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Spoon roasted vegetables over polenta; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 288 (23% from fat); FAT 7.2g (sat 2.7g, mono 3.2g, poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 8.9g; CARB 45.3g; FIBER 7g; CHOL 13mg; IRON 3.4mg; SODIUM 713mg; CALC 109mg