Feeding an army? Here's the solution!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken -- skin removed, deboned, and diced
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cubed
- 3 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 1 large rutabaga, diced
- 3 pounds carrots, diced
- 2 pounds diced cabbage
- 2 pounds chopped fresh green beans
- 5 pounds potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 pound frozen green peas
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot over medium heat, cook chicken, pork, and beef in oil, until brown. Drain well.
Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, rutabaga, carrots, cabbage, green beans, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer over medium-low heat all day long, adding water as needed, until thickened.