Kielbasa is cooked on the stovetop with potatoes and onion. This is an old recipe from my grandmother. 'Good Polish-Slovak food!' She would always say. 'Eat more!'
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions and potatoes for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce flame to med and stir in bell pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in kielbasa, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until onions are caramelized.