This tropical delight layers pineapple and pound cake in a pie shell, and is then topped off with toasted coconut whipped cream and fruit glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in Syrup, drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup DOLE Mandarin Orange Segments, drained, reserve syrup
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can DOLE Tropical Fruit Salad, drained, reserve nectar
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) loaf prepared pound cake cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
Spread coconut on sheet pan. Toast in 300 degree F oven until golden brown; 8 to 10 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn't burn. Set aside.
Combine reserved syrups and nectar in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 8 to 10 minutes until reduced by half. Set aside; let cool
Spread 1/2 cup pineapple in bottom of pie shell. Place one layer cake slices over pineapple; cutting slices to fill spaces. Poke holes in cake slices. Brush cake with reduced fruit syrup. Spread 1/4 cup pineapple over cake layer.
Pour cream into 5-quart mixing bowl. Begin whipping; gradually add pudding mix. Whip until mixture becomes stiff. Fold in one half toasted coconut with rubber spatula. Spoon mixture into pie shell spreading evenly to edge.
Spoon a ring of pineapple 1-inch from edge of pie crust. Working towards center, spoon a ring of Tropical Fruit Salad then Mandarin Oranges. Fill the center with remaining pineapple; mounding slightly in center.
Melt jam in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Brush top of pie with glaze. Fill in outer 1-inch of pie with toasted coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.