This easy dish of ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, green onion and Worcestershire sauce served over brown rice is full of flavor and goes great with corn and a salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/8 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, bring water and brown rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat.
Stir the mushroom soup, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper into the skillet with the beef. Simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes. Serve over the rice.