This will be a recipe that you won't lose--it is SO good! Kids will love the idea of using popped corn instead of croutons on top.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Saute onion in butter with parsley flakes until onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir (will be lumpy). Slowly stir in the half and half until smooth and creamy. Add corn and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste. To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with popped corn.