Almond, butter and orange flavorings distinguish this bread that has an especially stronger poppy seed component to set it apart.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavored extract
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavored extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease bottoms of two 9-inch loaf pans.
Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, poppy seeds, butter flavoring, oil, eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and almond flavoring. Pour into prepared pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for one hour. Cool 5 minutes. Poke holes in top of loaves and pour glaze over.
To make glaze: Mix orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add enough confectioners' sugar to make glaze.