Sherry adds a sweet note to chicken baked in a sour cream sauce and topped with cracker crumbs and an abundance of poppy seeds.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Preheat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place the diced chicken breasts on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl combine the soup, sour cream and sherry. Pour or spoon mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Mix the poppy seeds and crushed crackers and sprinkle mixture over the chicken, salt and pepper. Drizzle the melted butter or margarine over the cracker/poppyseed layer and bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes (take cover off for the last 5 minutes). Let stand a few minutes before servings.