You will not be disappointed with this wonderful pork chop. It is tender, moist, and full of fresh flavors. I serve with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. It's a favorite in our household.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 pint red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until golden brown. Set aside.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in the skillet. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and place in the skillet. Cook to desired doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Return onions to skillet, and stir in tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until tomatoes are tender. Mix in balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Top chops with the onion and tomato mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.