Make your taste buds feel like they're at a fiesta, with this great dish. Its a brown rice casserole with cubed pork, green chilies, black beans, and spices that blend together to make your taste buds sing. It's great for pot luck dinners, or having frien
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add cubed pork, and saute until browned. Drain off grease. Add the brown rice, cream of chicken soup, black beans, tomatoes, green chilies, salsa and water. Season with cumin. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). When the pork mixture is cooked, transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, just to melt the cheese. Serve with tortillas, or use as a dip for chips.