A quick, easy, and delicious way to serve pork! Marinated in a sauce of ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, chicken broth, and peanut butter; then simmered with stir-fried onions, cashews, and vegetables. Serve over a bed of chopped romaine or n
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- 2 cups frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables
In a large bowl, stir together the ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, broth, and peanut butter. Stir in pork to coat. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in cashews. Cook until unions are soft and translucent. Pour in pork and marinade. Cook until pork pieces are done, about 10 minutes. Stir in mixed vegetables, and cook 5 minutes more.