This cold chicken coleslaw salad is wonderful, because you prepare it ahead of time and mix it up just before serving. It's also an easy salad to travel with.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles, crushed, seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup rice garlic vinegar
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
Saute chicken in a large skillet until well browned. Place coleslaw in a large bowl, add chicken and set aside (or refrigerate if not serving soon).
Break up ramen noodles into a small bowl; add almonds and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the corn oil, vinegar, ramen seasoning packets and artificial sweetener. Mix well and set aside until ready to serve.
When you arrive at your destination, add noodle mixture and dressing mixture to large chicken/coleslaw bowl and stir together. Serve with a smile!