Great as a sandwich like sloppy Joes or over mashed potatoes or rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
In a slow cooker, combine the sausage, green pepper, onion, tomato paste, wine, water, and crushed garlic. Stir so that everything is evenly distributed. Cover, and set on Low. Cook for 8 hours. Uncover the pot, and cook an additional 2 hours to allow some of the liquid to evaporate. Serve over rice, or with Portuguese rolls.