You will love the flavor of pork marinated in a heady mix of wine, garlic, oregano, bay leaves and cumin, and then sauteed with potatoes, tender cannelini beans and cayenne pepper. Add the freshest clams or mussels, steam and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pound cooked and diced potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 18 clams
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
To Marinate: Combine the wine, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and cumin in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Mix together. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate to marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Remove pork from dish or bowl (reserving marinade) and add to skillet; brown quickly, then add potato cubes, reserved marinade, beans, cayenne pepper and clams or mussels. Cook until open, about 7 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.