A hearty beef and vegetable stew with a little spice that is quick to prepare. You can cook the whole thing in one hour, or let it simmer in the slow cooker all day.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) can white or yellow hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style beans
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until evenly browned, stirring frequently to crumble. Drain grease, and transfer to a soup pot. Pour in the hominy, stewed tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, ranch-style beans, and add the onion and green chilies. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 1 hour.