This simple-to-assemble casserole is rich and buttery in flavor with a crispy top, thanks to the crushed corn flakes.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Pour the hash browns into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream and soup.
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion with 1 stick butter and saute for 5 minutes. Add this to the soup mixture and spread this over the potatoes in the dish.
Next, arrange the crushed corn flakes over all in the dish. Melt the remaining stick of butter and pour this evenly over the corn flakes.
Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 1 hour.