Turkey or ham leftovers can be added to this one dish meal made with frozen hash browns. The potatoes are combined with sour cream, onions, cheese, cream of mushroom and chicken soups and baked with a potato chip and bacon bit topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (2 pound) packages frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (optional)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a six quart casserole dish, mix together the hashbrowns, onion, chicken soup, mushroom soup, chives, butter, sour cream and cheese. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with bacon and potato chips. Bake uncovered for 15 to 25 minutes.